Counselling offers you an opportunity to explore what is happening for you in a safe, confidential, supportive space with another person who will not criticise, judge, tell you what to do or take sides.
My intention is to build a genuine trustworthy therapeutic relationship, whereby you feel supported, heard, seen, understood, cared for and respected.
Engaging in counselling requires commitment and honesty. It can sometimes be difficult, challenging and upsetting, although eventually beneficial or even life changing in ways you may not anticipate. Coming for counselling does not mean there is anything wrong with you or that you are ‘mad’, it might mean however that you feel lost, upset, or distressed and unsure about yourself and your life. Counselling is about increasing your capacity for health and well-being, about feeling alive, trusting your feelings and identifying and responding to your needs.
- help you to make some sense of what is happening to you
- give you a clearer picture of your difficulties
- support you through difficult periods in your life
- provide a safe, sensitive and supportive environment where personal issues and feelings can be explored and shared
- help you be a bit more where you want to be in life
- enable you to feel more alive, free and at home with yourself
We can all benefit from reflecting on our own life histories and releasing some of the feelings we’ve been carrying. It is about helping you realise your potential and move towards a more complete knowledge of, intimacy and peace with yourself.